Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tastes like Chicken! (crispy baked fish)

Fish isn't something we have at our house.  I love it, but it seems nobody else does.  Last week something changed.  Muffin went to a friend's house for dinner and she ate fish!  She came home and said:  Fish is good! It tastes like chicken!  She wasn't impressed when I told her that she used to eat fish sticks as a child, because I said it was chicken....  
While grocery shopping today, I wasn't going to let this pass. I picked up a big pack of wild haddock from Costco, while Sweetie says:  Muffin ate fish once, so you're making it for her again? YES.  That's the plan.  And I'm going to make it taste like chicken.

Crispy baked fish

3 haddock fillets
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup lemon juice
pepper
salt
cornflake crumbs
dried herbs (consider taragon, parsley, thyme)

Preheat the oven to 425F

Whisk mayo and lemon juice together, add pepper.  (I love fresh cracked pepper, so I used lots)
Cut the fillets into portion size pieces.  season lightly with salt.
Mix cornflake crumbs and herbs on a plate
Dip fish into mayo mixture, then into crumbs to coat.  Place on foil lined baking sheet, or on baking stone.  Bake at 425 15-20 minutes depending on how thick the fillets are.  They should easily flake with a fork.  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment